Rules for Students 17 and Under
- When students are not attending College, they must notify their host family and their carer of their location and contact telephone number.
- Students will be expected to not stay out any later than 10.00pm without permission to do so from their homestay family or carer.
- Students must abide by host family rules. Each host family varies slightly in their house rules. Should there be a problem in being able to follow these rules, the student must notify their carer about the problem.
- Students are responsible for any telephone calls made from the host family’s telephone. Long distance calls should be made ‘collect’, or a telephone card should be purchased. Please do not receive any telephone calls after 9pm.
- Students must respect the host family’s property. Students who damage the host family’s property must pay the cost of the damages.
- Cigarette smoking is not allowed in the homestay. Alcoholic beverages and/or non-prescription drugs are not allowed at any time. It is against the Australian Government law for minors (children under the age of 18) to purchase cigarettes or alcohol. The legal age for alcohol consumption is 18 year of age.
- Students are not allowed to drive motor vehicles without a driver’s license. Students may take driving lessons and apply for a driver’s license once they reach 17 years of age.
- In case of illness or injury student may be examined or treated in an appropriate health centre and all costs will be reimbursed to family.
- Internet facilities will be restricted, including downloading. Internet access for students is not permitted between 11pm and 6am.
- Personal items and their insurance to be at the student’s own responsibility.
- Students with a carer appointed by our company may not travel away from the homestay without their carers.
- Students who wish to return to their home country, must present to the carer a return ticket and a letter from their natural parents confirming the arrangements and payment of holiday retainer.
- If underage students wish to change their carer. In the first instance they must contact the ISC or their institution and complete the appropriate documents who will forward these to our company.
- The notice to leave/change carer will be given by our agency NOT the student or agent The process for changing carers usually takes 4 – 8 weeks.
Violation of any of the above rules will result in expulsion or the student being put on probation with a verbal and written warning. If the probationary student continues to misbehave, he or she will be expelled from the school without refund and sent back to their home country.